If you’re scheduled for tooth extraction in Royal Palm Beach, there are various reasons why your dentist may have recommended this course.
- Severe tooth decay or damage
- Impacted or partially erupted teeth
- Overcrowding on the jaw
- Before full dentures
- Severe periodontal disease
If your dentist recommended extraction because of tooth decay, we’ll talk to you about tooth replacement, including dental implants in Royal Palm Beach.
Whatever the case may be, if you’re having a tooth extraction, you may be wondering about before and aftercare—or the dos and don’ts involved when having a tooth pulled.
Tooth Extraction Dos and Don’ts
- Do follow your dentist’s instructions before your dental appointment, including when to stop eating and drinking if applicable.
- Don’t hesitate to let your dentist know if you’ve accidentally eaten or drank after the designated stop time.
- Do tell your dentist about all medications you’re currently taking or any new health developments.
- Don’t hesitate to contact our dental office if you’ve forgotten to share vital health information.
- Do talk to your dentist about any specific concerns.
- Don’t worry about asking a lot of questions. We encourage your questions!
- Do refrain from smoking and drinking through a straw for one day following your tooth extraction.
- Do enjoy soft foods like yogurt, mashed potatoes, applesauce, and pudding.
- Don’t eat foods that are crunchy or require chewing for one day following extraction.
- Do stay hydrated.
- Don’t eat or drink foods or beverages that are hot or cold until the anesthesia wears off.
For Dental Extractions in Royal Palm Beach, Contact Us Today
If you have an impacted tooth or one that is severely broken or damaged, we encourage you to reach out to our dental team to arrange a consultation with our dentist. Also, reach out if you have any questions about tooth extraction aftercare.