Porcelain Crowns & Bridges Royal Palm Beach
Your smile is an integral part of who you are, so when you damage a tooth or face an extraction, it’s natural to feel concerned. Our Royal Palm Beach, FL dentist understands your unease.
Fortunately, restoring teeth with modern, tooth-colored options is one of the things we do best here at Affordable Dental Center of Wellington. Dr. Steven Bussell enjoys the combination of artistry and science that allows patients to enjoy a healthy, beautiful smile through quality dentistry and restorations in Royal Palm Beach, FL.
If you’re seeking tooth replacement options in Royal Palm Beach, Wellington, Lake Worth, Lake Park, Jupiter, and beyond—specifically tooth crowns and dental bridges—contact our dental office at (561) 422-1020 to schedule an exam.
Read on to learn more about tooth crowns and dental bridges in Royal Palm Beach, FL.
- What are tooth crowns in Royal Palm Beach, FL?
- Why are tooth crowns recommended?
- Will I need a dental crown following my root canal?
- What is the dental crown process?
- What is a dental bridge in Royal Palm Beach, FL?
- Are bridges similar to partial dentures?
- What is an implant-supported bridge?
- How do I care for my tooth crowns and dental bridge?
- Do you offer any financing?
What are tooth crowns in Royal Palm Beach, FL?
A tooth crown is designed to go over an existing tooth to the gumline. It is shaped and colored to fall in line with surrounding teeth.
Quality dental crowns in Royal Palm Beach are specifically created to blend with your teeth for a natural-looking finish and enhanced smile.
Why are tooth crowns recommended?
Tooth crowns are versatile and used in several areas of dentistry.
In general dentistry, a dental crown may be used to cap your tooth after root canal therapy or trauma to restore strength.
In restorative dentistry, a dental crown may be used to anchor a dental bridge.
In cosmetic dentistry, a dental crown can help conceal the following:
- Tooth discoloration
- Tooth shape issues
- Small gaps between teeth
- Small cracks in teeth
A dental crown is also the cap or restoration tooth that completes a dental implant. A dental implant in Royal Palm Beach consists of a titanium screw implanted in your jaw, an abutment, and a dental crown to top it off.
Will I need a dental crown following my root canal?
Your dentist may recommend a dental crown following root canal therapy.
In some cases, a root infection compromises the integrity of your tooth, leaving it vulnerable. A dental crown absorbs the bite force to keep the tooth viable.
What is the dental crown process in West Palm Beach?
When it comes to dental crowns, the process is straightforward and starts with an exam in our Royal Palm Beach dental office.
The steps to tooth crown placement include:
- Evaluation – A dental x-ray and digital photos assist in diagnosis.
- Preparing the tooth – Dr. Bussell will gently numb the tooth and remove all decay and damaged tooth structure to provide a base for your crown.
- Temporary crown – Our team will take an impression of your tooth and create a temporary crown to protect it until we receive your final restoration.
- Permanent crown – Once your permanent crown arrives, Dr. Bussell will bond it to your tooth and make any necessary adjustments for a comfortable bite.
Your dental crown will be strong but not indestructible. Use the same caution that you would with your natural teeth, and keep it clean to get the most out of your investment.
What is a dental bridge?
A gap left by a missing tooth leaves room for your other teeth to tilt, which can result in a misaligned bite and sensitive exposed roots. A dental bridge will fill the space between teeth and act as a placeholder, keeping your other teeth in place.
Two anchor crowns will suspend one or more artificial teeth, filling the gap in your smile. Like our dental crowns, we offer natural tooth-colored options with our bridges.
Dental bridges do require some extra attention. You will need to clean the teeth around the bridge and also the gum tissue beneath it. Special commercial tools such as small brushes and floss threaders make this task easy.
A member of our friendly team will provide tips to help you get the most out of your dental bridge.
Are bridges similar to partial dentures?
While a dental bridge and partial denture both take the place of missing teeth, there are a few key differences.
A partial denture is a plate customized to display artificial teeth between existing teeth when there is tooth loss, and it is usually held in place with clips. A partial denture is also removable.
A dental bridge is a permanent or affixed restoration held in place with tooth crowns or an implant.
At Affordable Dental Center of Wellington, our top dentist will help you decide the best option for your smile.
What is an implant-supported bridge?
When patients have multiple missing teeth, dental implants create a stable foundation for the dental bridge, allowing for more teeth to be replaced without the need for a partial denture.
The process for getting a bridge is similar to that for a crown:
- Evaluation – Dr. Bussell will determine if enough healthy bone is present to place one or more dental implants. If needed, Dr. Bussell also provides bone grafting and sinus lift procedures to make treatment possible for a greater number of patients.
- Surgical placement – Dr. Bussell will determine the precise location for the dental implants and surgically insert them, making sure you are completely comfortable during the entire process.
- Healing - Dental implants integrate with the natural bone, which is why they are so stable. This process takes about three to six months. We can provide a way to fill in your smile until your implants completely integrate.
- Bridge placement – Your dental bridge will be one piece of durable porcelain. Dr. Bussell will bond it to your teeth and implants and make sure it fits perfectly.
How do I care for my tooth crowns and dental bridge?
Tooth crowns and a dental bridge require optimal oral hygiene. While these restorations cannot decay, they also cannot prevent gum disease or gum infections that may cause your crowns or bridge to fail.
We also recommend regular exams and cleanings in our Royal Palm Beach, FL dental office to spot any potential issues before problems arise and to keep your gums and remaining teeth healthy and able to support your tooth crown or dental bridge.
Keeping your bridge clean usually requires a floss threader and a smaller brush. A member of our team will make the best recommendations based on your unique situation.
Do you offer any financing at your Royal Palm Beach office?
Our Royal Palm Beach dentist has teamed with CareCredit, a healthcare credit card that helps people get the dental and health services they need.
CareCredit offers easy repayment plans and interest-free financing to qualifying patients. The online application process is simple, and it takes only minutes to learn whether you qualify for the program.
If you have any questions about CareCredit, contact Affordable Dental Center of Wellington to learn more.
We also accept:
- Credit cards
- Lending Club
We Look Forward to Helping You Restore Your Smile in Wellington!
We will explain every option for your oral health and help you make an informed decision about your smile restoration. At Affordable Dental Center of Wellington, we love helping our patients reach their smile goals.
Contact our Royal Palm Beach dental office to arrange an evaluation with Dr. Bussell today.