General Dentist in Royal Palm Beach, FL
Nothing attracts people more than the sight of a strong and vibrant smile; in fact, your healthy smile often exudes vigor and general well-being.
Helping patients achieve a healthy, comfortable smile that they feel proud of is at the heart of general dentistry. Encompassing all aspects of preventive, restorative, emergency procedures, and teeth-replacement, the general dentistry we provide at Affordable Dental Center of Wellington is customized based on the personal needs of each patient.
If it's been so long since the last dental appointment that you can't remember, don't hesitate to give us a call at any time. It's not our job to scold or judge patients; we understand the reasons many patients may avoid going to the dentist. This is why our friendly dental staff work closely with Royal Palm Beach patients to ensure they feel educated, comfortable, and relaxed.
- Comprehensive Preventive Dentistry
- Tooth-Colored Restorative Dentistry
- Periodontal Treatment Therapy
- What Is Emergency Dentistry?
- Replacing Missing Teeth
- Contact Us for Your Next Dental Exam
Comprehensive Preventive Dentistry in Royal Palm Beach, FL
Dr. Steven Bussell and our entire dental team strive to provide patients with preventive dentistry that helps them avoid many common dental conditions for better overall health and a comfortable smile. Preventive dentistry includes:
- Dental exams – Each patient receives a comprehensive dental exam that includes teeth, gums, jaw joints, and bone health. We also discuss any cosmetic dentistry treatments you might like to improve your smile. This is the perfect time to ask Dr. Bussell about any dental procedures you may be interested in or bring up smile flaws you would like to fix.
- Cleanings and periodontal treatment – Dental cleanings are different based on your needs. From simple six-month cleanings to periodontal maintenance, our hygienists are gentle, thorough, and knowledgeable. They always enjoy sharing information that supports healthy gums and teeth. When treating periodontal disease, we use laser dentistry for accurate and comfortable treatment. Removing diseased tissue with laser energy improves healing time and promotes the regeneration of healthy tissue.
- Dental x-rays – Because your teeth are covered in protective enamel, we can’t always see what lies beneath the surface. X-rays promote early diagnosis, helping Dr. Bussell identify decay or bone conditions when they are smaller and easier to treat.
- Fluoride treatments – Fluoride is a naturally occurring mineral that strengthens enamel. It can benefit both adults and kids.
- Sealant application – Deep grooves in the chewing surfaces of the teeth are common places for decay to develop. A sealant is a barrier between the chewing surfaces of your teeth and the bacteria that cause decay. Dr. Bussell paints them into the grooves, and they can last up to five years.
- Nightguards – Clenching and grinding your teeth can wear them prematurely in addition to causing fractures and jaw problems. A custom nightguard is a barrier between upper and lower teeth as you sleep. For patients with TMJ (jaw joint) disorders, we offer treatment with NTIs – small nightguards that fit over front teeth and help jaws relax.
- Athletic mouthguards – Sports build character, but they can also put your teeth at risk. A custom mouthguard adds protection when a stray hockey stick or the stray ball comes your way.
Based on your dental history, we can design a preventive treatment plan to help you maintain excellent oral health and keep your teeth for a lifetime.
Tooth-Colored Restorative Dentistry
When teeth develop decay, wear, or fractures, the appropriate dental restoration can add comfort and protection from continued damage. Ensuring that your teeth are protected from further damage or weakening is part of preventive dentistry that extends the life of your smile. Some restorative dental treatments may include:
- Dental crowns
- Porcelain veneers
- Dental bonding
A dental exam will give Dr. Bussell a chance to determine which restorations will work best for you. He will discuss your options and help you make a choice you feel confident about.
Periodontal Treatment Therapy in the West Palm Beach Area
Having gum disease is not the end of the world; in fact, it is one of the most prevalent and preventable conditions that millions of Americans suffer from. At Affordable Dental Center of Wellington, we like to focus on patient education and preventive oral care so that our patients can always be as healthy as possible.
If you have periodontal disease, we start treating it with a deep cleaning and regular dental check-ups and exams to control tooth infection and inflammation. Gum disease will never resolve itself and will only get worse if left untreated. It is also linked to systemic health conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, cancer, and respiratory illness.
Ultimately, gum disease often leads to tooth loss. The first stage of periodontal disease is known as gingivitis—this stage is easily treated by Dr. Bussell. Symptoms of gum disease include:
- Consistent bad breath
- Tooth sensitivity to cold and hot
- Receding gums
- Swollen gums
- Bleeding gums
Our goal at our Royal Palm Beach dental office is to save your teeth and maintain your oral health.
What Is Emergency Dentistry?
Dental emergencies can be alarming! If you have a toothache or sudden change in your oral health, we welcome you to contact us immediately. Our skilled and friendly team will help you get back on track with a healthy smile. We even offer comfortable root canal treatment and extractions for the convenience of our patients.
Dental pain is never normal and is often an indicator of severe underlying issues. Unlike random headaches or other minor issues that usually go away on their own, oral pain should not be ignored.
If you suddenly chipped or cracked your tooth or need a loose filling replaced, give us a call at any time for a same-day emergency dental appointment at Affordable Dental Center of Wellington.
Replacing Missing Teeth at our Royal Palm Beach Dental Office
Missing teeth complicate daily life by making it difficult to eat, speak, and smile with confidence. Dr. Bussell offers teeth replacement for single missing teeth and for patients who need to replace all of their teeth.
- Dental implants
- Partial dentures
- Full dentures
- Implant-supported dental bridges and dentures
Don’t let missing teeth affect and impact your happiness and well-being.
If you have lost a tooth, we recommend replacing it as soon as possible to prevent bone loss and teeth shifting. Without a tooth root to anchor to the jaw bone, the bone will start to recede, and adjacent teeth will gradually shift towards the gap. Dental implants, bridges, or dentures can help prevent any deterioration and retain the shape and contours of your face.
We look forward to discussing your goals for your smile.
Contact Us for Your Next Dental Exam
Has it been a while since your last dental check-up and exam? While many Royal Palm Beach patients delay going to the dentist until there’s an emergency, we encourage practicing preventive dentistry to avoid costly dental emergencies.
Your oral health is a foundational stepping stone to your general well-being and quality of life. By taking small steps to identify dental issues while they are small and maintaining regular dental exams, patients can ensure their teeth can be maintained for a lifetime. If you are looking for a Royal Palm Beach dentist who can provide most dental services under one roof, give us a call!
Our dental office is small and personal while still providing the leading-edge dentistry that will keep your family healthy.